Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Praiseworthy Check Up

Note - Regardless of the circumstances and whatever will, can, or does happen in our life we serve a MIGHTY and LOVING GOD who sent his Son Jesus so that we might have life and have it abundantly.

Joshua had a CT scan on January 22. It was our 28 week check up. Joshua's body is clear of "spots" except for a few "spots" in the lungs.

From a historical stand point and other children who have had WILMS Tumor; the "spots" in the lungs are "most likely scar tissue from the cancer tumors being destroyed by radiation".

Joshua originally had several cancer tumors in his lungs. The chemotherapy had shrunk the "cancerous spots" before the radiation and the radiation eliminated all but a few of the larger spots. The spots have not grown any from the previous CT - this is very good news.

No More Chemo...YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joshua will have his port surgically removed from his chest in February (TBA).

We will keep you posted....

9 comments:

Ronda said...

God is good. All the time.

Anonymous said...

Awesome God, Almighty & Everlasting Father, We praise and glorify you as the Source of the healing you have completed in Joshua. Thank you for your tender mercy in holding Joshua up and carrying him throughout this entire journey. We are eternally grateful for the victory we all have through Your Son, Jesus Christ! Amen.
We love you! Aunt Darla, Uncle Tim, and Lewis

Anonymous said...

hello glenn, mom is over visiting us and helping us with the kids and told us about Joshua, we hope and pray that he is healed- we are living in boise idaho since last april- never thought you would be a teacher but looking back now it all makes sense- I'm sure your the kids favorite teacher and really can contect with students. good on you!! haven't seen anyone in your family for many years as I have been on the move and have not had an occassion to pass through prinville in a long time. last time I saw your mom and dad was in wal mart parking lot in redmond and I don't remember what I was doing there but I about fell over when I saw your mom walking across the parking lot. Lye was sitting in the car in the parking lot- I think he was healing from one of his hip replacements. well I suppose I have spoken long enough, don't know if this will even reach you, god bless you glenn and your family I will always treasure the good times we had- my family will keep you and your family in our prayers. okie.

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!!!!! Wow, this is really wonderful news! I'm so glad Joshua has come so far after going through such hard times. I'm so happy for all of you and I'm glad the Lord has done so much for your family! His love is so amazing and wonderful.

P.S. Hooray for spiky hair!!!!!

Mark Clark said...

Hey little buddy... It truly touched my heart to see the big smile on you face. Although it should not surprize me given the power our our Lord and saviour, the prayers of so many people that love and care about you, and the strentgh of a LION that you have displayed during your fight. It is good to see you with hair again! Has your dads came back yet?
Love ya, Mark Clark

Anonymous said...

The Sparrow at our school turned out to be a 3 year old boy and his name is Jake and he has stage 2 wilms tumor. and he fought it and is going through the same thing as Joshua right now. So Pray for him.Hes a fighter! Let all the Boys know i love them. And you guys!! Cant wait to see you all.

Braiden.

Donna said...

I've been following Joshua's story almost from the beginning and praying, too. I hope he's doing well. Joshua looks a lot like my son, it's hard to imagine what you've been through.

Unknown said...

I first read about Joshua last year and I still haven't forgotten about him...I still pray for him too.

Anonymous said...

Hope Joshua is doing well:)