Thursday, August 9, 2007

Latest Clinic

August 6 - Chemotherapy at 9:30, went to the Zoo, no nausea or throwing up.

August 7 - Some nausea, not eating well, has lost almost 10 pounds on that little body. Needs togain some weight!!!!!!!!!!!! Stayed at Craig and Nyla's house. Helped do yard work.

August 8 - Radiation Consultation. PRAY that the chemo kills the cancer cells in the lungs. There are a lot of side effects with radiation. We are praying that the Lord would heal and restore Joshua's lungs. Started having nausea and throwing up today.

Prayer Request - Complete healing of the lungs.
Appetite to return.
Keep nausea away.
Dissolve the tumor completely and restore the kidney to full
function.
Three blood counts were low; they need to come up.

Next Week - We have a CT scan at 8:15 a.m. for Joshua's six week check up (August 13).Chemotherapy in the afternoon after the CT scan.Based on CT scan,
the tentative date for his kidney surgery is August 21.

Pray for miracles to be seen in Joshua's body. Pray for no side effects from the
a.m. CT scan so that the afternoon chemotherapy would go well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will agree with you for all your prayers to be answered. God's word says that if two or more agree than it shall be....So I plead the blood of Jesus over his little body, that his hunger be restored, his blood count be renewed to full strength, that CT scan showes a miracle happening in that little boys body and I prayed that our Great Physician heal those lungs. I also keep praying for you all.....keep them strong!
Love you guys!

Your Cousin Laura in SD

Nicole said...

I think we've met a time or two at PHSA functions. I want you to know that I am praying for you and Joshua every day. I have him on every prayer chain that I know of. He has people all over this country and this world praying for God to heal him. My heart breaks for you all. But I know that God is good! You are a wonderful Mom and your little guy is quite the trooper!

Nicole -- fellow home schooler

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Deana, for the "popcorn aisle" chat! You're an awesome woman of God, wife, and mom. You remind me of the Proverbs 31 woman who sacrifices it all for the glory of God. Without you, in this journey, the four "men" in your life would be less than God's best! Don't forget to take of you too, you are much needed and appreciated.

Hugs to you,
Cheryl
aka Pinecone

Anonymous said...

Every time I go out in the garden, I think of you Deana. I was looking for homeschool curriculum and I thought of you. I miss our talks. My thoughts and prayers are often on you.
Thank you so much for the updates!

Anonymous said...

HI Joshua, this is your friends from Christchurch, New Zealand calling, love your photos, wishing you all the best, hugs for everyone in your family. Looking forward to you visiting us in New Zealand whenever that suits.

Your friends Mark, Jude Sara and Matthew.